The traditional role of pharmacists is to dispense prescription medication to patients. They provide information on the drugs to the patients and the instructions to take these medications. Essentially, pharmacists Over the last 25 years, the field of pharmacy has expanded to help people with almost anything related to the use of medicines, which means they help people to stay as healthy as possible.
Pharmacist works in a wide variety of settings such as hospitals, veterinary pharmacies and even the military.
As population grows especially the increase in the number of old people, there is an increase demand for pharmacists. Today, more and more people are taking prescription drugs to manage chronic or long-term disease conditions. Pharmacists help patients to manage their medications.
Qualities of a Successful Pharmacists
If you have the following qualities, a career in pharmacy may be suitable for you:
Interested in science and mathematics
- Enjoy interacting with people
- Good communicator
- Desire to help others
- Careful and detailed oriented
Subjects Taught in Pharmacy Course
University students enrolled for a Bachelor Degree program in Pharmacy will learn the following common subjects:
- Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmacy Practice and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Public Health Care
- Metabolism and Nutrition
- Infectious Diseases and Immunology
- Cardiovascular and Renal Therapeutics
- ENT, Eyes and Respiratory Pharmacy
- Nervous System and Mental Health for Pharmacists
- Endocrine and Reproductive Pharmacy
- Oncology, Haematology and Toxicology for Pharmacists