There are many international students studying for their degree in Engineering in Malaysia.
Some common Engineering Degrees are in the following areas:
- Electronic and Electrical
Student can enroll into the Engineering Degree using:
- A-levels or Equivalent (Two or three Principal Pass including Mathematics)
- Diploma (may be able to get Year 1 exemption)
Cost of a Engineerng Degree in Malaysia
For UK 3+0 Program – Yearly fees are around RM20,000 – RM28,000 per year.
In UK and Australia most universities yearly fees are around 12,000 pounds
Accommodation and Living Expenses
Staying in Malaysia is relatively very cheap. Room, food and other miscellaneous cost is around RM1,500 per month. In UK and Australia, living expenses are around £700 – £1,000 and AU$1500 a month respectively.
Registration & EMGS Cost
Most universities charge around RM3000 – RM5000 for Registration and EMGS cost. EMGS cost refers to Visa and Medical Checkup (to be done in Malaysia).
Pre-university or Diploma
If your highest academic achievement is O-levels or equivalent, then you need to complete 1 year of Pre-university studies or do a diploma first. Pathways are as follow:
- O-levels or Equivalent – Foundation (1 year) – Bachelor of Engineering (4 years), OR
- O-levels or Equivalent – A-Levels (1.5 years) – Bachelor of Engineering (4 years), OR
- O-levels or Equivalent – Diploma (2.5 years) – Bachelor of Engineering (Year 1 exempted) (3 years)